Tours Conversation Tips
Tours is the most casual round of recruitment, from dress to conversation. You will get asked about your hometown and major more times than you can count! Although you may get tired of answering the same questions over and over again, remember that there are eight different sororities who want to get to know. While your major and hometown are a great way to break the ice, we recommend that you make an effort to say other important things about yourself to the women that you meet.
Here are some tips for Tours conversation:
- UBC Sororities is a values-based organization; we encourage that you talk about your values and the things that are important to you!
- Think of it as a job interview; don’t be afraid to talk about yourself and highlight your strengths (while keeping the bragging to a minimum, of course!).
- Try to keep the meaningless conversation to a minimum. Although last night’s episode of The Bachelorette, or Suits was crazy, it won’t let the sorority women get to know you.
- Ask the sorority members questions about themselves. They will be used to answering questions about hometown and majors so try to ask memorable questions that will make you stand out!
- This one may seem obvious, but be nice to everyone that you meet, even if you feel like you don’t fit in with a certain sorority. Remember that there are a lot of women in each sorority and just because you don’t “click” with any one of them during Tours doesn’t mean that if you went back during Invitationals, you wouldn’t find some amazing women!
- Feel free to talk to your Recruitment Counsellor if you had a negative experience during a round, they are there to support you!