Tours Conversation Tips
Tours is the most casual round of recruitment, from dress to conversation. You will get asked about your hometown and your major more times than you can count! Although you may get tired of answering the same questions over and over again, remember that there are eight different sororities who want to get to know you. While your major and hometown are a great way to break the ice, we recommend that you make an effort to say other important things about yourself to the women that you meet.
Here are some tips for Tours conversation:
- UBC Sororities is a values-based organization; we encourage that you talk about your values and the things that are important to you!
- Think of it as a casual job interview; don’t be afraid to talk about your strengths and what you’re passionate about.
- Try to keep the meaningless conversation to a minimum. Although last night’s episode of The Bachelorette, or Suits was crazy, it won’t let the sorority women get to know you.
- Ask the sorority members meaningful questions about themselves. They will be used to answering questions about hometown and majors so try to ask memorable questions that will make you stand out!
- This one may seem obvious, but be considerate to everyone that you meet, even if you feel like you don’t fit in with a certain sorority. Remember that there are a lot of women in each sorority; just because you don’t “click” with a few women during Tours, doesn’t mean you wouldn’t find some amazing women if you went back during Invitationals!
- Please reach out to your Recruitment Counsellor if you feel you need any extra support at any time during a round or even after recruitment, they are there for you!