Informal Recruitment: COB
The informal recruitment period, otherwise known as Continuous Open Bidding (COB), is an informal recruiting process. Participating chapters hold informal events where potential new members have the chance to socialize with chapter members, learn more about the chapter and ask any questions they may have about sorority membership.
Meeting chapters is an essential part of joining our organization. Through COB events, you can meet members of UBC Sororities, and have the chance to attend individual chapter events to get to know the women in each participating chapter. After these events, the chapter you visit will have an opportunity to extend you an invitation to membership.
If you are interested in attending COB, please indicate your interest here, and we will contact you with details closer to the event. In the meantime, we are happy to answer any questions you may have about the COB process, and to put you in contact with the chapters that will be participating!
Is Sorority Membership Right For Me?
- Do you believe that post-secondary should be more than just about classes and books?
- Are you looking for a well-rounded university experience?
- Are you looking to meet new people, broaden your social network and find a support system away from home?
- Are you determined to do well academically at UBC and are you looking for individuals who feel the same?
- Are you a go-getter who is looking to get involved and develop your leadership skills?
- Do you want to give back to the community but don’t quite know how to get started?
- Are you interested in playing fun intramural sports or attending some fantastic social events?
- Do you have the time to attend an hour worth of meetings each week?
- Are you ready to commit to living to a set of higher standards and values as a member of a Greek organization?
- Are you able to commit to spending anywhere from $1100-1500 in sorority dues every year for the next four years?
If you answer yes to most of these questions, UBC Sororities is right for you!
Don’t forget to #ConnectWithUs on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!