As leaders of the largest sorority community in Canada, the Panhellenic Council collaborates with one another to achieve successful programming, events, and resources for our members, but most importantly, to create an environment where our members are inspired to thrive and flourish during their time at UBC.
UBC Sororities is currently seeking a group of organized, open-minded, and enthusiastic sorority women who are passionate about the Panhellenic Community; there are fourteen part-time positions available, all that will allow candidates to enhance communication skills, develop professional & positon-relevant capabilities, and build relations with women from different chapters within our organization. If you’re an organized and dedicated member of UBC Sororities, why not join our team? Applications are due this Friday (November 3rd), so don’t miss your chance – apply today!
What Can I Gain?
- Personal Growth
- Leadership Skills
- Campus Relations
- Community Wide Impact
- Iner-Sorority Relations
- Professional Development
“I have had the pleasure of serving on the Panhellenic Council for three years and it has been the greatest learning experience of my leadership journey. It will challenge you, push you, and reward you with a truly unforgettable leadership-growth experience. I am the leader I am today because of UBC Sororities and have enjoyed every moment of it. If you receive a position within Panhellenic, you will have the opportunity to impact our entire sorority-wide organization, as well as the greater Greek community. You will learn invaluable skills that you will take with you in years to come.Here is your chance to interact and network with women from all eight chapters and leave a legacy within the UBC Sororities community!” – Hana Decolongon, UBC Sororities Panhellenic President
What Are The Positions?
UBC Sororities has 5 departments apart from the president of Panhellenic. These different focusses allow you to develop skills and industry knowledge specific to each field. If you have an interest in exploring any of these areas, consider one of the roles in that respective department! More information about each individual position can be found in the application form!
How Can I Get Involved?
- The first step to getting involved in Panhellenic Council is to submit an application and an advisor approval form by this Friday. Your Panhellenic Delegate is a great resource to help with this!
- Next, you will be interviewed in the Panhellenic House. Following the interviews, a slate is created and candidates will receive phone calls informing them of the slate.
- Finally, the candidate will come to elections where they give a 2-minute speech and answer 1 question. On this evening a vote will occur and the 2017-2018 Panhellenic Council will be selected!
Below are some dates to keep in mind!
- Application and Advisor forms are due to firstname.lastname@example.org on Friday, November 3rd at 11:59PM (midnight)
- Interviews at the Panhellenic House take place on Sunday, November 12th from 10:00AM-1:00PM (You will be assigned a time slot during within this frame)
- Elections at the Panhellenic House will take place on Sunday, November 19th at 7:00PM
If you have any further questions about the applications process please ask your Panhellenic Delegate or email email@example.com!
Thank you for your interest in UBC Sororities Panhellenic Council! Don’t forget to #ConnectWithUs on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!